Sunday 13 December 2020

Full of sorrow like Jesus? (Ch 13)

Luke Chapter 13

SUMMARY:  
v1-8 Repentance - What have I done with the need and the opportunity?
v10-17 Priorities - Am I just keeping my rules or concerned people are set free?
v18-21 Influence - Remember the kingdom of God is growing and spreading.
v22-30 Weeping - Make sure to enter the narrow door or miss out.
v31-35 Sorrow - Share the Saviour's sorrow over those who reject Jesus.

REFLECTION: 
In v31-35 Not even threats and danger could keep Jesus from doing the work his father had sent him to do. So what are the things which cause me to feel like giving up? Weariness, discouragement, opposition, or fear. Having the heart of Jesus spurs us on in doing the work God has for us. In v34 Jesus is longing for people who were rejecting Him to be gathered into God's protection, for them to be saved. Lord may I never grow tired of praying, giving, and working for the salvation of souls.

PRAYER: Loving Heavenly Father thank you for those who prayed, gave, and worked that I might hear the good news and trust in Jesus. Thank you for Jesus who faced not just danger but his death for me so that salvation might be mine. Lord forgive me for the times when weariness, discouragement, opposition, or fear cause me to falter in serving you for the salvation of others. In these challenging times when restrictions mean that opportunities seem limited, teach us to redeem the time, to seize the moments, so that many children would be gathered under your saving and protecting wings. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment