Tuesday 1 December 2020

Zechariah 'Real Faith' (Ch 1)

Luke Chapter 1  

INTRODUCTION: In some 80 verses Luke introduces four people and the verses that struck me were Zechariah (v18 - He had questions and doubts and faith), Elizabeth (v43 – In her great blessing she is thankful and humble), Mary (v47- She rejoices in her saviour Jesus) and John (v16 – the effect of his life bringing people back to God). Below is my reflection on Zechariah – perhaps you focused on another one or what this chapter says about Jesus the coming savour or God who is sovereign over everything. Feel free to share or comment

REFLECTION: Zechariah – Who despite the devastation of having no family v7 continued to walk close to God v6 and serve God faithfully v8. As he does God appears to him v11, yes he had faltering faith v20 but out of his continued obedience v63, he is filled with the Holy Spirit and praises God for sending a saviour v68-79

PRAYER: Lord even when life seems to be a series of shattered dreams and unanswered prayers help me to keep close to you in my walk and service. Lord, when you speak, forgive my faltering faith, help me to learn it is not the size of my faith but the God I put my faith in that matters. Today as I bring those dreams and prayers again to you open my eyes to see your answer and most of all to rejoice in Jesus our saviour as you work in my heart by the power of your spirit. In Jesus Name AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment